This month our experts explored a new field of research for CSET: Bio-risk. Our latest brief covered the importance of Biosafety Level-3 laboratories for vaccine development and provided the first comprehensive list of BSL-3 labs mapped by their locations. Our researchers illustrated how mathematical modeling can provide insights into how technological advances might affect a few areas of cybersecurity. We also released a new interactive Country Activity Tracker for exploring country-level data on tech competitiveness and collaboration based on AI research, patents, and investment. Included in this month’s Roundup are two new Data Snapshots within a series exploring CSET’s original surveys.
Our latest publications:
- Will AI Make Cyber Swords or Shields? by Andrew Lohn and Krystal Jackson
- Views of PhD Recipients on Resources to Build the Domestic Talent Pool by Ronnie Kinoshita
- Country Activity Tracker by Husanjot Chahal, Jennifer Melot, Sara Abdulla, Zachary Arnold and Ilya Rahkovsky
- Mapping Biosafety Level-3 Laboratories by Publications by Caroline Schuerger, Sara Abdulla and Anna Puglisi
- DOD and the U.S. Tech Sector Relationship by Ronnie Kinoshita