We are currently seeking applications for a Survey Research Analyst to lead survey design and execution in collaboration with CSET analysts (Senior Fellows, Research Fellows, Research Analysts) across CSET’s lines of research. They will sit on CSET’s Data Science team and will work closely with data scientists, software engineers, a translation lead, and other data research analysts to produce, collect, and analyze original survey data. This is a hybrid role that combines a mix of research methods and data analysis skills. Strong applicants will have experience with survey design, online survey distribution platforms (e.g., Qualtrics), project management, and quantitative data analysis.
The Survey Research Analyst will report to CSET’s Director of Data Science and Research. This position is available for hybrid, remote and in-office work. The application will close on Wednesday, December 1st, 2021.
- Leading the design and execution of survey research projects, including questionnaire design, sampling methodology, Institutional Review Board management, and survey distribution;
- Supporting CSET’s lines of research through survey and human-subjects research projects, including evaluating the appropriateness and feasibility of surveys and/or interviews to address policy-relevant questions;
- Communicating survey findings through written and verbal outputs, including data visualizations, presentations, and reports;
- Collaborating with CSET’s Data team to identify data requirements, determine appropriate methods for a given problem, and effectively leverage CSET data resources;
- Writing and contributing to CSET publications under the supervision of the Director of Data Science and in collaboration with Senior Fellows, Research Fellows, and Research Analysts;
- Communicating CSET’s data resources and data-driven findings to a range of audiences, including contributing to DC briefings and events;
- Monitoring trends and developments in AI, ML, and national security policy.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 2+ years of quantitative or statistical analysis experience from coursework or professional work
- 2+ years of relevant research experience (e.g., public opinion, market research, user experience)
- Demonstrated experience with survey design and online and/or in-person survey distribution
- Experience leading or assisting projects with multidisciplinary teams
- Ability to work successfully in a highly collaborative team environment
- Effective communication and ability to convey complex and technical topics to a general audience, both in verbal and written form, demonstrated through the development of publications and delivery of presentations
- Motivated, enthusiastic and self-driven.
PLEASE NOTE: A complete application must include the following:
- Cover Letter
- Representative Writing Sample
- Ideally this sample would be policy-oriented research and sole-authored, but any self-selected writing sample of at least two pages (e.g., class paper, prior project work, etc.) is acceptable.
This position is based in the United States and offers no relocation assistance. This position is not eligible for a specialty-occupation sponsorship and, accordingly, this position requires that all applicants be legally eligible to work in the United States without sponsorship from Georgetown University.
Georgetown University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer fully dedicated to achieving a diverse faculty and staff. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, and sexual orientation), disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.