[September 2020 Update] We are not currently seeking applications for this role. Please check back for further updates.
CSET Senior Fellows mentor junior researchers, share lessons learned from public service, conduct research at the intersection of national security and emerging technology, and lead briefings for government, academic, and industry leaders. Senior Fellows hold graduate degrees (Master’s, PhD or JD) and typically have 5+ years in GS-15, SES/SIS, HQE, or O-6+ level roles in the US government, civilian or military.
- Develop, propose, and lead research projects related to CSET’s mission, both individually and in collaboration with Research Fellows, Research Analysts, Data Scientists, and CSET leadership
- Write reports as outputs from research projects, both individually and as a coauthor
- Mentor researchers and share lessons learned from public service
- Deliver presentations to policymakers on topics related to emerging technologies, especially artificial intelligence (AI) and computing
- Monitor developments in national security policy and provide insights to junior CSET researchers.
- Graduate (Master’s, JD, PhD) degree in relevant field
- At least five years of federal service
- At least 10 years of experience in research or policy analysis
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent problem-solving and critical thinking skills
- Motivated, enthusiastic and self-driven
- Research experience in science and technology policy
- Project or team management experience
- Proficiency in statistics and data analysis
- Federal service at or above the GS-15 or O-6 level
Georgetown University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer fully dedicated to achieving a diverse faculty and staff. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, and sexual orientation), disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.