- Implementing and supporting ongoing development of a proactive communications strategy to engage policymaker communities;
- Managing and assisting with events, including a monthly seminar series, periodic report launches, and an annual conference;
- Organizing and preparing CSET (print and electronic) materials for outreach to external stakeholders, including the U.S. Congress, the Executive Branch, academic institutions, non-profit organizations, the media and the general public;
- Facilitating periodic website updates, including minor text revisions, sub-page creation, and website hygiene;
- Crafting social media posts, press releases, and other external communications content to drive interest and engagement with newly-issued Center research publications;
- Participating in quality control of Center publications, which calls for considerable editing and writing skills;
- Providing research assistance to data and analysis teams on an as-needed basis.
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, international relations, public policy or other relevant field;
- 4 to 6 years of relevant work experience providing communications and/or project management support;
- Exposure to policymaking staff (e.g. Congress, Department of State, Department of Defense)
- Ability to carry on assigned tasks with limited need for supervision;
- Proficiency with office productivity tools like Google Docs, Microsoft Office, etc.;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Excellent problem-solving skills and critical thinking skills.
- MA/MS or graduate coursework in public policy, public administration, international relations, or related field;
- Familiarity with Content Management Systems (like WordPress) and Marketing Automation solutions (like MailChimp);
- Event planning experience
- Foreign language proficiency.
We will not consider applications without a cover letter and two representative writing samples. In your cover letter, please be sure to address your interest in CSET and this position, specifically.
Georgetown University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer fully dedicated to achieving a diverse faculty and staff. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, and sexual orientation), disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.